Alivya's French Toast
- 4 Tbsp soft butter
- 6 to 8 slices thick/Texas Toast Bread
- 3 large eggs
- ¾ cup milk or cream
- Pinch of salt
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Heat an electric griddle to 350°F.
- To a blender, add eggs, milk, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon, sugar, and vanilla. Blend until smooth. Into a shallow casserole dish large enough to hold two pieces of bread, pour the batter.
- Place two pieces of bread in the casserole dish. Let them soak for about 30 seconds, then turn them over, and let soak for about 30 seconds on the other side. Make sure the bread is not soggy.
- Just before you place the bread on the preheated griddle, place a small amount of butter on the skillet and melt. Grill until both sides are golden brown.
- Serve hot with butter and maple syrup!