- Wash and dry chicken, then coat the chicken with seasoning.
- In a shallow dish, mix together flour, cornstarch, and 3 tablespoons of spice mix (or to taste).
- In another shallow dish, mix together eggs, buttermilk and water.
- Dip the chicken into the flour mixture, then into the egg mixture, shake off any excess and then dip it into the back into flour mixture.
- Place the chicken on a separate tray and let rest so flour dissolves into the chicken.
- Before placing the chicken into the fryer spray it using a vegetable or olive oil spray all over.
- Place the chicken into a greased air fryer at 350º for 20 minutes flipping the chicken at the 10 minute mark.
- Serve with waffles!
This is the Classic Buttermilk Waffles Recipe I used, I just added 1 teaspoon of cinnamon!