5-Ingredient Holiday Wreath Coconut Macaroons Recipe
- 3 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup unsweetened flaked coconut *
- 3 eggs (whites)
- ½ cup local honey or 100% real maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Toppings: Holiday themed edible treats!
- Preheat oven to 350 Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl add the egg whites and use a handheld blender with whisk attachment to whisk egg whites to stiff peaks.
- Add the honey and salt and stir or whisk together with the egg whites.
- Add the shredded and flaked coconut and, and mix thoroughly.
- Use a non-stick donut pan and grease/oil it heavily.
- Spoon mix into donut molds, bake in oven for 12 minutes.
- Let cool for 5 minutes in donut pan and then gently pop out wreaths, let wreaths cool for at least 30 minutes to firm up.
- The same mix/batter can be used to make coconut macaroon mounds instead of wreaths.
- *Avoid very large flakes of the flaked coconut, chop if necessary. Large flakes cause the macaroons to break apart easily.
- If you do not have a donut pan, chill the mix/batter for 30 minutes and then form wreaths with your hands on a greased/lined baking sheet.